As a TPI agent, there is no limit to your earning potential. Save on your own personal travel by earning commission or by using special agent rates when available.
You can be eligible for travel agent discounts with any TPI membership.
TPI Travel Services is not a Travel Club. We are a network of Independent Travel Agents.
Once you become an Independent Travel Agent with TPI, you will receive complete instructions on how to book Travel Agent discounted hotels, cruises, car rentals and other services. Discounted Travel Agent rates are always subject to availability. When Travel Agent rates are not available or if you are not eligible for that particular rate, you can still make your reservation using TPI’s IATA number to receive commission on your personal travel.
Travel Agent rates may require proof that you are a Travel Agent.
There Are Two Major Types of Travel Agent ID Cards
**Please note that ID cards are not included with any TPI membership**
One type of ID card is the IATAN card, which will allow you to get many types of discounts. The IATAN card is issued by the International Airlines Travel Agent Network (IATAN), upon request by TPI. There are additional fees for the IATAN card that are not included with the TPI membership. The following requirements are set by IATAN in order to obtain this card:
- $5000 in commissions paid to you by TPI within a 12 consecutive month period. This income can consist of commissions and other income earned from the sale of travel.
- You must work at least 20 hours per week as an Independent Travel Agent.
Another type of ID card is the CLIA card (now called the Embarc ID). The Embarc ID card is issued by the Cruise Line International Association (CLIA), upon request by TPI and is valid for a calendar year. The Agent must have a CLIA Individual Agent Membership through our Agency to receive an Embarc ID card. There are additional fees for the CLIA Embarc ID that are not included with the TPI membership. CLIA’s enrollments for 2017 Individual Agent Memberships are still open.
The following are requirements in order to obtain this card:
- TPI will require all applicants to be actively earning commission for our Agency.
- Each Agent must have an up to date file with TPI Travel Services.
- CLIA is charging $115 for their 2017 CLIA Individual Agent Memberships. The $115 fee will be paid directly to CLIA from their website.TPI will also be charging a $20 service fee for the administration of the CLIA Individual Agent Memberships.
Here are some of the discounts you can receive.
- PARTICIPATION IN FAM TRIPS. The term “Fam Trips” is travel industry jargon for “Familiarization Trips”. Fam trips are highly discounted vacations that industry professionals go on to familiarize themselves with resort destinations, specific tour operators, etc. Fam trips can be as low as $100 for an all inclusive vacation. They are generally between 40 and 80 Percent off the value of the travel services provided.
- Free Hotel upgrades such as concierge floor rooms, or suites for the price of a discounted room.
- You may participate in Travel Agency Trade shows and seminars.
- You can get discounts at hotels, car rentals, zoos, museums, airport shuttles, airport parking, theme parks, IMAX theaters, water parks, and other types of attractions.
Once you obtain the CLIA or IATAN card you will be eligible for additional discounts:
- 50% off on some hotel’s standard rates.
- Reduced rate air travel through a few ticketless airlines (with an IATAN card only).
- Cruises as low as $35 per day/person all inclusive.
- Additional tour operator discounts
- Complimentary one day ticket per year to select theme parks.
Even one of these discounts or giveaways can more than pay for your TPI membership!
All discounts are subject to availablity and subject to the discretion of the suppliers and may carry certain restrictions and procedures to obtain them.
Not only will you be getting great discounts when you travel, but you may be able to deduct your travel as an expense since you are now operating your own in-home travel agency. In addition you may be able to deduct such items as your computer & internet service, your business phone line, the space in your home used to operate your business, and more.