As a TPI agent, there is no limit to your earning potential. Save on personal travel by earning commission or by using special agent rates when available.
TPI Travel Services is not a travel club. We are a network of Independent Travel Agents. You can be eligible for travel agent discounts with all TPI memberships.
Once you become an Independent Travel Agent with TPI, you will receive complete instructions on how to book hotels, cruises, car rentals, and other services with your Travel Agent discounts. Discounted Travel Agent rates are subject to availability. When Travel Agent rates are not available or if you are not eligible for a particular rate, you can still make reservations using TPI’s IATA number to receive commission on your personal travel.
When using Travel Agent rates, proof of Travel Agent status may be required.
There Are Two Primary Types of Travel Agent ID Cards
**Please note that ID cards are not included with TPI memberships**
One type of ID card is the IATAN card, which will allow you to get many types of discounts. The IATAN card is issued by the International Airlines Travel Agent Network (IATAN), upon request by TPI. There are additional fees and requirements for the IATAN card that are not included with a TPI membership. The following requirements have been established by IATAN in order to obtain this card:
- $5,000 in commissions paid to you by TPI within a consecutive twelve-month period. This income consists of commissions and other income earned from the sale of travel.
- You must work at least 20 hours per week as an Independent Travel Agent.
Another type of ID card is the CLIA card (called the Embarc ID). The Embarc ID card is issued by the Cruise Line International Association (CLIA), upon request by TPI and is valid for one calendar year. The Agent must have a CLIA Individual Agent Membership through our Agency to receive an Embarc ID card. There are additional fees for the CLIA Embarc ID that are not included with the TPI membership. Enrollment for CLIA’s 2021 Individual Agent Memberships are still open.
The following are requirements in order to obtain this card:
- All applicants must be actively earning commission for our Agency (TPI Requirement).
- Each Agent must have an up to date file with TPI Travel Services.
- CLIA charges $119 for a 2021 CLIA Individual Agent Membership. The $119 fee will be paid directly to CLIA from their website. TPI will also charge a $20 service fee for administration of CLIA Individual Agent Memberships.
Some of the discounts you may receive:
- Participation in FAM trips. Familiarization trips are often referred to as “FAM Trips” in the travel industry. FAM trips are highly discounted vacations that industry professionals experience to familiarize themselves with resort destinations, specific tour operators, and other services. FAM trips can be as low as $100 for an all-inclusive vacation. Discounts from 40 to 80 percent of the full value of the travel services provided are typically offered.
- Free hotel room upgrades including concierge floor rooms or suites are sometimes available for the price of a discounted room.
- You may participate in travel agency trade shows and seminars.
- You can get discounts at hotels, car rental reservations, zoos, museums, airport shuttles, airport parking, theme parks, IMAX theaters, water parks, and other types of attractions.
Once you obtain the CLIA or IATAN card you will be eligible for additional discounts*:
- 50 percent off on standard rates at select hotels.
- Reduced air travel rates through some ticketless airlines (with an IATAN card only).
- All-inclusive cruises as low as $35 per day per person.
- Additional tour operator discounts.
- Complimentary one day ticket per year to select theme parks.
*All discounts are subject to availablity and subject to the discretion of the suppliers and may carry certain restrictions and procedures to obtain them.
Taking advantage of just one of these discounts or giveaways can more than pay for your TPI membership!
Not only will you be receive great discounts when you travel, but you may be able to deduct your travel as an business expense since you are now operating your own in-home travel agency. In addition you may be able to deduct such items as your computer, internet service, your business phone line, the space in your home used to operate your business, and more.